If DevOps is CAMS—culture, automation, metrics, and sharing—then it makes sense there’d be a conference on monitoring and metrics…and there is: Monitorama! In episode 56, the crew gets together with Jason Dixon , aka @obfuscurity, the founder of Monitorama to talk about the fourth incarnation of the conference. We do a deep dive into what all is encompassed when we say “monitoring,” why monitoring really isn’t about CPU load and memory, other things you can monitor, and why Paul was stupid for not coming to Monitorama earlier; join us, the crew, as…
Join J. Paul Reed, aka @SoberBuildEng, Youssuf El-Kalay, aka @buildscientist, EJ Ciramella, aka @eciramella Seth Thomas, aka @cheeseplus, Pete Cheslock, aka @petecheslock,
and Katherine Daniels , aka @beerops for the discussion, plus a the last couple of weeks in News & Views and a
fresh Tool Tip!
- 1:47 – News & Views
- 13:10 – Main Segment: Who Monitors the Monitorama
- Kyle Kingsbury on Reimann
- Laura Thomson on developer happiness
- Roy Rapoport on Monitoring for business insight at Netflix
- Brendan Gregg on monitoring at Netflix
- Brendan Gregg’s book: Systems Performance: Enterprise and the Cloud
- Stephen Boak on Monitoring design
- The Stripe Team on holding game days
- ALL the Monitorama Talks
- 51:30 – ToolTip
- DevOps Days Minneapolis
- DevOps Days Pittsburgh
- DevOps Days Chicago
- Velocity New York
- Agile 2015
- DevOps Enterprise Summit
- devopsconferences.com has the latest
EJ introduces us to Convection, a modular DSL for AWS Cloud Formation.
What’s your best monitoring story?
Join the discussion!