In our last single-digit episode, we sit down with Perforce’s Director of Product Technology, James Creasy, to discuss the issues faced by enterprises attempting to deploy git and the general challenges of using git in environments where its trackrecord isn’t as established. Join us for our discussion on:
Join J. Paul Reed, aka @SoberBuildEng, Youssuf El-Kalay, aka @buildscientist, Sascha Bates, aka @sascha_d and Seth Thomas, aka @cheeseplus for the discussion, plus the last couple of weeks in News & Views and an introduction to a screen-replacement in Tool Tips!
- 1:50 – News & Views
- 16:10 – Main Segment: Perforce’s James Creasy and Challenges of Git in the Enterprise
- 16:38 – Some of Perforce’s customers
- 17:09 – Andreesen’s Why Software Is Eating the World
- 17:25 – Pixar versions its movies with Perforce
- 20:00 – The Five Phases of Enterprise Git Adoption
- 21:50 – What is Git Fusion all about?
- 27:20 – The famous Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup DVCS/centralized version control post
- 28:53 – “We’re from Perforce, and we’re here to help.”
- 30:08 – The five questions that often get asked with git
- 32:30 – p4 obliterate (not the drink)
- 35:53 – Perforce Streams, “branches with brains”
- 40:15 – “History” vs. “Narrative” is not equivalent
- 43:21 – “There’s a generation gap here…”
- 45:15 – Perforce Commons
- 53:50 – James Creasy answers The Ship Show’s take on the Proust Questionnaire
- 57:04 – Tool Tips
Have you run into issues deploying git in your enterprise? What scripts and supporting tools have you found it necessary to have on hand when running git at scale?
Join the discussion!