In episode ten, we discuss build infrastructure architecture: what are some of the differences between continuous integration tools and orchestration tools, and what’s the criteria for establishing the delineations between the two? We touch on ways to mesh the two together in a sustainable way, as we explore what to do:
Join J. Paul Reed, aka @SoberBuildEng, Youssuf El-Kalay, aka @buildscientist, Sascha Bates, aka @sascha_d and Seth Thomas, aka @cheeseplus for the discussion, plus the last couple of weeks in News & Views and another of round of #DevOpsDearAbby!
- 1:07 – Paul and Seth talk Release Engineering on The Food Fight Show
- 1:25 – The Food Fight Show Google Hangout on Release Engineering
- 1:27 – News & Views
- 1:46 – Romney campaign launches transition website, despite loss
- 1:46 – Project Orca’s failures
- 2:05 – Big data’s role in the Minnesota state races
- 7:10 – 2008 survey on presidential candidate’s web server choices; another for the 2004 presidential race
- 8:08 – Chuck Rossi’s QConSF talk on Release Engineering at Facebook
- 11:36 – Github’s outage postmortem (discussed previously)
- 12:28 – Ernest Mueller over at Bazaarvoice on getting “to a place that’s pretty”
- 14:52 – Coffee extinct by 2080?!!
- 16:52 – Main Segment: When Your CI Tool Starts Looking Like a Sledgehammer
- 50:20 – Dev Ops Dear Abby
Dear Abby for DevOps
What’s the weirdest contortion of a CI or orchestration tool you’ve seen? And where do you think the lines between those tools are?
Join the discussion!