To get into the holiday spirit, the Crew looks at the various programming languages used in the release engineering and DevOps space: is there a language that “binds it all together?” If so, what language holds that title, and why? Is that language shifting? And if so, what’s the driving force behind the shift? Join us as we look over the menu of:
Join J. Paul Reed, aka @SoberBuildEng, Youssuf El-Kalay, aka @buildscientist, Seth Thomas, aka @cheeseplus, and EJ Ciramella, aka @eciramella for the discussion, plus the last couple of weeks in News & Views and a new Tooltip!
- 1:34 – News & Views
- 1:39 – “Weird” NTP bug rekindles Y2K problems
- 4:53 – Mozilla stops building Firefox 64-bit Windows builds
- 5:41 – Two Win64 crash reports website bugs: bug 811051, bug 611331 (crashreports in the client are supported?)
- 8:05 – The moz.dev.apps.firefox newsgroup announcement; the subsequent bug
- 9:59 – Father flips all of the pronouns in Zelda, to play it with his daughter
- 11:49 – Carmageddon!
- 12:46 – Main Segment: Langauges Du Jour
- 50:51 – Tool Tip
What’s your language du jour? How often do you have to learn a new language? And what makes you have to do that?
Join the discussion!