All of Information Technology’s puppeteers recently came together in San Francisco to discuss their beloved automation/configuration management tool, Puppet! We attended the conference and have the lowdown on all the Puppet developments of the past year, plus what’s in store for Puppet and the community this next year! Join our eclectic panel of puppet experts as we recount the goings on this year at PuppetConf in our:
Join J. Paul Reed, aka @SoberBuildEng, Youssuf El-Kalay, aka @buildscientist, and EJ Ciramella, aka @eciramella plus the last couple of weeks in News & Views and the return of the word association game!
- 0:55 – News & Views
- 0:57 – Nginx announcing it’s going commercial
- 2:12 – “Discussion” breaks out on the Linux Kernel Mailing List on whether kernel releases are happening too frequently
- 4:34 – A developer version of Apple’s Find my iPhone app slips out to users
- 5:23 – Back in the day, VMware accidentally ships beta version of ESX
- 9:32 – Sourceforge pushing open source projects to use their “drive-by” installers
- 12:14 – Main Segment: PuppetConf 2013 Revue
- 12:48 – Luke Kanies’ opening keynote and slides
- 16:36 – The PuppetLabs State of DevOps survey
- 30:55 – Video covering the Puppet community that kicked off PupperConf
- 38:04 – Will Farrington on Puppet at Github
- 46:55 – Jordan Sissel talks more Logstash awesome
- 59:08 – Jez Humble’s keynote on stop hiring DevOps experts and start growing them; slides
- 59:40 – Google’s Gordon Rowell asks Why Did We Think Large Scale Distributed Systems Would be Easy; slides
- 59:53 – Spotify’s Erik Dalén discusses how they use Puppet
- 1:01:03 – Paul Stack on Windows having its ass kicked by Puppet
- 1:02:10 – Chocolatey brings Linux-style package management to Windows
- 1:04:28 – Mitchell Hashimoto on Living in a multi-provider world
- 1:05:10 – Moses Mendoza and Matthaus Owens on how Puppet Labs Packages All The Things
- 1:12:12 – PuppetConf 2013 Word Associations
Roaming PuppetConf Word Association Game
The conference word association game returns!
Just as at ChefConf, we asked a number of PuppetConf attendees to blurt out the first word that came into their head when prompted by a number of words relevant to our industry.
See what they had to say!
Did you attend PuppetConf? Or watch the live stream?
Where do you think Puppet is going in the next year?
Join the discussion!