As the holiday season approaches, we take a moment to sit down with Sarah Goff-Dupont and James Dumay from Atlassian’s Bamboo team to discuss the full stack of tools used by companies of all sizes, from startups to massive enterprises to NASA to get their software shipped. (Sometimes off of the planet!) Atlassian is known for the bug-tracker Jira, but we discuss the many of the other things they do, the process they use to design the various tools in their stack, how they work to address the special technological and cultural challenges that larger enterprises and governments find themselves facing when working towards scaling a DevOps transformation, and how to get those organizations started. So, grab some turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing, and join us for:
- 1:08 – News & Views
- Amazon announces AWS Cloudtrail and RDS support for PostgreSQL at re:Invent
- Microsoft kills stack ranking… but Yahoo picks it up (details via leaked internal message boards)?
- FastCompany dicusses Why open office layouts are bad for… well… everyone
- A nifty visualization of the sizes of various codebases
- 16:19 – Main Segment: A Cornucopia of Dev[Ops] Tools: A Chat with Atlassian
- 59:50 – Tool Tip: PyCharm 3 Community Edition
- OpsCode announces ChefConf 2014; call for presenters also now open.
Would you consider your organization’s continuous integration pipeline to be stable?
Is there anything we can do to be more empathetic to the issues faced by large enterprises?
Join the discussion!