For our 2013 finale episode, the crew takes a look back at 2013, discussing the trends we predicted at the beginning of the year, as well as others that crept up on us. We also dust off our collective crystal balls and discuss what we think 2014 will bring for DevOps, cloud, and shipping software. Join us for our holiday of edition of the Ship Show as we:
Join J. Paul Reed, aka @SoberBuildEng, Youssuf El-Kalay, aka @buildscientist, Seth Thomas, aka @cheeseplus and Sascha Bates, aka @sascha_d for the discussion, plus a the last couple of weeks in News & Views plus a special holiday “treat!”
- 1:14 – News & Views
- Redmonk’s Stephen O’Grady ends the year with with his analysis of cloud pricing trends
- Luke Chadwick is hit with a $3,500 AWS bill; gives some tips to avoid that particular unpleasantness
- Is the DBA dead? @kennygorman thinks they are!
- @cwebber and the Puppet Labs crew bring us, once again SysAdvent, through December 25th! (P.S. Paul doesn’t actually hate git.)
- A hardware hacker introduces his 27-year-old Mac Plus to the web
- 10:14 – Main Segment: Ringing in 2013++
- XKCD’s take on encryption
- 39:28 – A Lil’ Holiday Cheer
- ChefConf 2014 in April; call for presenters open.
- Config Management Camp EU in Belgium in 2014
- Configuration Management DevRoom at 2014 FOSDEM
- Monitorama coming to Portland in May in 2014
The Crew sings The Twelve Days of DevOps!
What were your favorite tech moments (or memes) of 2013?
What do you think 2014 has in store?
Join the discussion!