It’s time again for all the Chefs to get together in the kitchen in San Francisco and look at all of the developments in the last year, plus look forward to the next year in the configuration management space, industry trends in DevOps and, of course, Chef! We grab a bottle of bourbon, some bacon, and sit down to discuss all of the “shenanigans” at ChefConf 2014, as well as look back at the keynotes, our favorite talks, hallway track conversations with old friends and new, plus reveal this year’s Awesome Community Chefs. Join the panel, plus a couple of very special surprise guests, as we go:
Join J. Paul Reed, aka @SoberBuildEng, Youssuf El-Kalay, aka @buildscientist, Seth Thomas, aka @cheeseplus, and Sascha Bates, aka @sascha_d for the discussion, plus a the last couple of weeks in News & Views and some ChefConf silliness!
- Conference Hug Counter!
- 1:02 – News & Views
- Bug in OpenSSL takes the Internet by storm
- Akamai announces they protected themselves against Heartbleed… except not really
- OpenSSL Heartbleed timeline
- Theo de Raadt of OpenBSD fame weighs in Heartbleed
- The ACM also asks us to Put OpenSSL out of its misery
- Domen Kožar tells us why Why Puppet/Chef/Ansible aren’t good enough
- BASIC Turns 50 years old; check out some photos of the nostalgia
- DZone’s 2014 Guide to Continuous Delivery
- 12:14 – Main Segment: Delving Into the Delight of ChefConf 2014!
- Barry Crist and the “delight economy”
- CTO Adam Jacob gives a heartfelt keynote and his take on the concept
- GE’s Justin Arbuckle Hunts the DevOps Whale
- Jez Humble helps us learn to discover the right thing to do
- Rachel Chalmers weaves Silicon Valley lore together
- Turns out Azure is doing some really interesting stuff!
- 1:09:35 – ChefConf 2014 Either/Or Game
- Carnegie Mellon’s Software Engineering Institute holding their annual academic conference in Portland (Paul is speaking!)
- Velocity Santa Clara and New York are coming up!
- DevOpsDays Pittsburgh’s Program is out
- As always, devopsconferences.com has the latest
ChefConf 2014 Either/Or Game
We play the “Either/Or” Game with various #ChefConf 2014 attendees, including some people you may have heard of before…
What are you excited about with Chef in 2014?
How do you think this “delight economy” will affect your role in your organization?
Join the discussion!