Bring up the topic of tech industry recruiting with any developer and you’re likely to get an ear-full: stories of recruiters treating candidates disrespectful, clueless recruiters who don’t know any of the acronyms, recruiters continuing to talk to you even after you’ve asked them to stop… the list goes on and on. In fact, it’s so prevalent, Twitter and Tumblr accounts have popped up just to make fun of recruiters. But why is recruiting so broken in our industry? Are all recruiters like that? And is there anything all of us—companies, recruiters, and candidates—can do to make the experience a bit better (and more efficient!) for everyone? Join us as we put recruiter Sam Whooley through the gauntlet for:
- DevOps Days: coming to a Pittsburgh near you in May! The program is amazing!
- 1:52 – News & Views
- You may have heard OpenBSD forked OpenSSL into LibreSSL, but now you can build a completely OpenSSL-free version of OpenSSH!
- Make No More? Not so fast there…
- Fun GCC Easter Egg from back in the day
- Confused about that Git command? Look for the manpage at the Git Manpage Generator
- Member of an underrepresented group in the tech community? Tell us why you’d like to go to Velocity Santa Clara this June 25th and 26th; send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll try to help you get there!
- 11:12 – Your Profile Tells Me You’re Perfect for this Amazing Podcast Opportunity
- 56:49 – Tool Tip
- Velocity Santa Clara and New York are coming up!
- PuppetConf 2014′s program is coming together
- devopsconferences.com has the latest
Paul takes a look at the (currently under heavy development) FinalTerm
What’s your worst recruiting story? (Send them to us!)
What suggestions do you have to make tech recruiting better?
Join the discussion!