When most of us think of where the gravitational pull is in DevOps, places like San Francisco, New York, and Belgium spring to mind. But the Midwest? You bet, pardner! For episode 45, we take a field trip to Minneapolis for its first ever DevOps Days. With a panel of organizers and speakers from the event (including Patrick Debois!), we discuss the various talks as well as the open spaces and evening events, examining how DevOps in the Midwest is alive and well and has something to share with us all! Join us for a panel discussion on what it’s like doing
Join J. Paul Reed, aka @SoberBuildEng, EJ Ciramella, aka @eciramella Seth Thomas, aka @cheeseplus, Pete Cheslock , aka @petecheslock for the discussion, plus a the last couple of weeks in News & Views and the triumphant return of DevOps Dear Abby!
- Check out the conference diversity page for details on FlowCon, PuppetConf, and Velocity New York
- 2:46 – News & Views
- Python bumps Java as the top learning language for universities
- Porting PlayStation 3 games to the PlayStation 4? More than just a recompile!
- Yet another (purely functional!) package manager
- Is the Developer’s Future Dystopian ?
- Harks back to Is DevOps Killing the Developer?
- Alan Kay: we’re still “not quite a field”
- 17:36 – Main Segment: DevOps on the Silicon Prairie
- The Ship Show’s own Sascha Bates on Magic Pixie Dust Not Included (Talk video)
- DevOps Weekly
- Ben Hughes on Handmade Security at Etsy (Talk video)
- Heather O’Sullivan & Ross Clanton on DevOps at TGT (Talk video)
- Katherine Daniels on DevOps is Dead (Long Live DevOps!) (Talk video)
- Recruiters (the good and the bad) discussed in episode 41
- John Vincent’s definition of DevOps: giving a $#!+
- Patrick Debois on Five Years of DevOps Days (Talk video)
- Follow @devopsdaysmsp or check out the DevOps Days Google Group for information about next year!
- 1:00:57 – DevOps Dear Abby
- Upcoming DevOps Days: Boston, Chicago, Berlin, Belgium.
- FlowCon in San Francisco
- Atlassian Summit
- Velocity New York are coming up!
- devopsconferences.com has the latest
DevOps Dear Abby
Booker Bense asks: How do I stop being the Brent in my organization?
What do you think is in store for the next five years of DevOps days?
Are we missing others industry’s stories when discussing DevOps journeys?
Join the discussion!