How do we know, we know what DevOps is? For episode 46, we sit down with Praxisflow’s Kevin Behr (whom you might recognize as one of the authors of the Phoenix Project) and Jabe Bloom to talk about these and other heady questions, including: what can we learn from the Agile community? Where is DevOps headed in the next five years? Who is Frederick Taylor and what does he have to do with DevOps? And what do English coal miners from the 1940s have to do with DevOps? Find out the answers to these and more as we discuss:
Join J. Paul Reed, aka @SoberBuildEng, Youssuf El-Kalay, aka @buildscientist, Sascha Bates, aka @sascha_d, and Seth Thomas, aka @cheeseplus for the discussion, plus a the last couple of weeks in News & Views and a nostalgic tool tip!
- Paul with a teaser tweet for the main segment…
- 3:48 – News & Views
- 12:51 – Main Segment: The Epistemology of DevOps
- 1:02:30 – ToolTip
- We’re raffling off a Velocity New York pass: take a look at the five reasons to attend Velocity NY, and tweet us your 6th reason, with the hashtag #velocityconf! Submit your tweet by Friday, August 22nd at 11:59 pm PDT
- Don’t forget DevOps Days Toronto, September 12th and 13th and DevOps Days Tel Aviv, September 29th and 30th
- Check out our diversity page and let us know why you’d like to go to Veloity NY, FlowCon, and PuppetConf!
- devopsconferences.com has the latest
Paul introduces Cool Old Term, a nostalgic way to run OpenVMS or even open VMs!
Where do you think DevOps is headed?
What can we learn from Agile’s history as it permeated the industry?
Join the discussion!