So many of the companies who build the tools we use daily take special care to cultivate and nurture a community of users. But that doesn’t just happen magically. For episode 57, we sit down with community managers from Chef, Perforce, and VictorOps to talk to them about their experiences building community, the difficulties with community engagement, getting the business to see the value, and what community is really made of. Join us as we talk to the folks responsible for…
Join J. Paul Reed, aka @SoberBuildEng, Youssuf El-Kalay, aka @buildscientist, and Pete Cheslock , aka @petecheslock for the discussion, plus the last couple of weeks in News & Views and another Tool Tip!
- 1:16 – News & Views
- The Truck Factor survey
- Speaking of project health, census shows core Linux software at risk?
- Microsoft an OpenBSD Gold Contributor
- Cisco doesn’t even security and ship default SSH keys in its appliances
- VNC Roulette makes all your VNC unsecured session belong to us
- New York Stock Exchange shuts down for five hours
- The shutdown postmortem
- 15:50 – Main Segment: Managing the CommunityOps
- 1:08:27 – ToolTip
- A fistful of DevOps Days!
- Velocity New York
- DevOps Enterprise Summit
- devopsconferences.com has the latest
Paul introduces us to GitQL, an SQLite-backed interface to search your Git repositories!
What experiences has your company had with building and nurturing a community?
What do you wish community managers did more of?
Join the discussion!