Has it really been five years since the Patrick Debois launched the first DevOps Days in Ghent Belgium?! Turns out: time flies when developers and operations are getting along and getting bits shipped. We sit down with an all-star panel, live from DevOps Days Ghent, including Dave Mangot, Steve Pereira, Kris Buytaert, Gareth Rushgrove, John Willis, and the father himself, Patrick Debois to discuss what the first few DevOps Days were like, how it became an international mainstay of the DevOps Community, where DevOps has been in the last five years and where it’s going in the next five, and what to make of “Enterprise DevOps”; join us for:
- 2:22 – News & Views
- 13:32 – Main Segment: Five Years of DevOps (and Its Days)
- A little video, thanking Patrick for his hard work on DevOps[Days]
- Leave Patrick Debois your own thank you message on Twitter with #ThankYouPatrick
- David Lutz plays us out with the DevOps Days Belgium Song
- 56:28 – ToolTip
- LISA 14 (Paul is speaking!)
- re:Invent (Pete and EJ will be attending!)
- The last few DevOps Days of 2014
Paul, via Youssuf, introduces us to gitignore.io, a service to automagically generate your .gitignore file for projects.
Their video tutorial walks you through all the .gitignorey goodness!
How did you get involved with the DevOps community and “movement”?
What do you think is in store for DevOps in the next five years?
Join the discussion!